1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. School News
  4.  » Future Leaders Academy Program in Samoa

Future Leaders Academy Program in Samoa

4 December 2023
Over the holidays between Term 3 and 4 we had four students attend the future leaders academy over in Samoa.
Here is what Year 12 student Luke Hayes-Brill had to say about the experience:
“Learning about the amazing Samoan culture at Future Leaders Academy was a gift I will always treasure. I am also thankful to have had the opportunity to contribute, whether it was planting 400 trees or cleaning beaches. And I’m glad to say this knowledge will stay with me forever”
Year 12 Kalanee Rauhihi-Wicks also attended the future leaders academy over the holidays! Here is what she had to say:
“On the 1st of October a group of students from New Zealand, Australia and Samoa were selected to be apart of the Future Leaders Academy program in Samoa. This program is about developing our leadership skills and showing us how we can use these skills throughout life. Throughout the week we did so many amazing things including hiking, making an umu, tree planting and so much more. I feel truly blessed to have been given this opportunity. I’m also very thankful because I got to meet so many wonderful people and made new connections with people from all different walks of life. While on this trip I had the privilege to learn a lot more about the Samoan culture. We were welcomed by all and felt instantly at home. This was such an awesome opportunity to be apart of and I will be forever thankful for this. I learned so much from this program and would definitely do it again.”
Share This