The new date for this year’s Open Evening has been set. Come along and see what we have to offer for 2022. Thurs, 29 July 2021.
Apr 30, 2021 | School News
The college was very pleased at its last Board meeting to co-opt Jhyslle...
Education Review Office
The Education Review Office (ERO) reviews every school in New Zealand to ensure it is providing the best possible education for their students. Recently ERO completed its review of Horowhenua College by spending a number of days with us, looking at what we do and talking with students and staff.
Our ERO report is full of very positive and encouraging statements, such as:
- Classes are well settled with students on task and engaged in their work.
- There are positive relationships among students and teachers.
- Digital technology is used as an effective tool to support student engagement and learning.
- The NUA Way underpins all aspects of the curriculum and is strongly reflected in everyday school life.
- Maori students’ achievement in Level 2 and 3 is on par with or above that of their peers in the school.
- The school is now well placed to sustain its performance and continue to build student success.
These comments from ERO represent a huge amount of work from staff and students. We are very proud of what has been achieved so far, and we hope our community is also proud of what their students are achieving at Horowhenua College. We are focused on providing the very best educational opportunities for our students and appreciate partnering with our community to achieve this.
Our ERO report shows we have made significant progress and we continue to work hard to build on this success and grow successful young men and young women.
The full report (21/04/2017) can be accessed on line at ero.govt.nz